Sunday 7 March 2010

Coffee with Liver of Sulphur a Match Made in Heaven!

We had a fabulous Introduction to Silver Clay workshop on Saturday 6th March. Thanks to all the lovely ladies who came along and brightened up my day, it was such fun to see you enjoying yourselves and making some gorgeous pieces.

We tested out Joy Funnell's advice about using coffee granules with hot water and a few drops of liver of sulphur and the results were amazing. We achieved a rainbow patina of reds and greens that was beautifully iridescent. I shall always use the coffee solution in future I was blown away by it. It's such a shame David wasn't there to take a photo, but I will do some more experimenting next week and get him to capture the results on camera.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you like the results :) Looking forward to seeing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to have a go with coffee - I've been dying to create something with a green finish! :o)

    ReplyDelete