Thursday 13 May 2010

New Silver Clay DVD 2nd in Series

Hi everyone, just getting back to blogging after being rushed off my feet with so many different projects.

It is with great pride I can report that the filming was completed yesterday on my brand new DVD 'Further Adventures in Silver Clay'. It's the perfect follow-up to DVD 1 'Silver Clay Made Simple'. I was so enthusiastic to include as many techniques as possible that poor old Tim Hollingworth (my brilliant camerman) was here until 10pm filming. David was operating camera number 2 in between soothing my troubled brow, setting up the artiness of each scene and making copious cups of tea. We all collapsed in a big, tired heap over pizzas, wine and beer at the end of a very productive day. Thank you so much guys you were brilliant!
Last night, as I went off to sleep I was worrying that we hadn't achieved enough, but with the blessing of a really deep sleep, I'm counting off the projects I completed on the DVD and there are 8 in total! So now everyone can learn step-by-step techniques such as painting leaves with silver paste, making a seamless band and wraparound ring, taking moulds and casting them in silver, setting cubic zirconia into wet and dry clay, making finger print keepsakes and decorating with syringe clay. It's all very exiting but my fingers are feeling a bit numb and my joints are aching from rolling, cutting, shaping, sanding and polishing so many different pieces. I'm looking forward to a very welcome day off on Saturday when I shall be putting my feet up and putting aside the silver clay...well just for one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment