Wednesday 14 April 2010

Debra's Shrink Plastic Leaves

I love my job! I get to sell 'stuff' then you gorgeous, clever people out there turn it into wonderful pieces of art.

Whenever I post out materials I've sold on the on-line shop, it's exciting to imagine them going off to blossom into some marvellous creation. What's even nicer is when you send me photos, so please keep doing this as I really love it!


The very talented Debra Farrell has made the most amazing leaves from shrink plastic and here she tells us how she did it:

"I used a Creative Expressions stamp in black, followed by Sakura gelly roll pens - the sparkle is fabulous and shows up much more after being shrunk. I tried the Cosmic Shimmer Paints but they fell off when shrinking! The secret with the pens is to use them like paints by overlapping sections - it doesn't look that great before you shrink but as you can see (and they look better in real life) once shrunk the effect is lovely"

We now have shrink plastic kits available on the on-line shop, complete with the glitter pens that will produce the beautiful effects on Debra's leaf so why not treat yourself?

You'll be hearing more about Debra very soon, she's incredibly creative and I know you will love learning from her so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment