Saturday 10 April 2010

Inspired by Delightful Dragon Flies


The end of another Introduction to Silver Clay Workshop has me yet again pondering on how lovely my delegates are and how talented and creative they are too.

The lovely Sue was an expert sugar crafter and her cake decorating skills will certainly be a real asset as she starts her journey with silver clay.
Emma regaled us with tales of her dragon fly making and how she creates the wings. After a couple of hours she was cajoled into her car and arrived back in the workshop with one of her creations, which she very kindly gave me. Thank you Emma, it's nicely nestled amongst the valentines tree I made, that I can't just bear to take down yet.

Emma assured us it was easy to make her gorgeous dragon fly. This got me thinking how great it would be to have an 'open day' where previous crafty delegates can come along and share their skills. Emma is happy to come and show us her dragon fly so we can all take our own home with us (complete with Fantasy Film wings...you have to see this stuff it's brilliant!)

Sue would love to share her sugar paste techniques and how these can be transfered to making silver clay flowers. I'm itching to show off my paper beads and I know there are beaders, paper crafters, glass bead makers and other very clever people out there who could teach us a thing or two. So let me know if you'd like to be part of a crafty day like this. I'm happy to host it here at my home in Huddersfield or can find a suitable venue if there are too many to fit in my conservatory. If we all club together to cover the cost of materials and refreshments then it should be a really fun and very enriching day.


Let me know what you think, you can come along to learn or share and learn. the choice is yours, either way we'd be very happy to have you along.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Natalia

    Sounds like a good idea...I would be interested.
    I came on one of your advanced silverclay workshops in January and got my car almost stuck on the ice outside your house.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charlotte it would be great to have you along. Do you fancy sharing one of your crafts with us, I remember you doing lots of interesting things that we were all cooing over!

    ReplyDelete