Wednesday 21 April 2010

Dressing Table Set

Just spent a hectic but very enjoyable day on Monday, producing our latest step-by-step project for Dolls House & Miniature Scene Magazine.

We thought the dollies need a nice little dressing table set and only the finest silver will do!

I got to experiment quite a lot with this project and loved the challenge. The perfume bottle was made by rolling a spinning top-shaped bead using the snake roller. I did exactly the same to create the little lid for it too. I got the mirror really shiny by using polishing papers on it whilst it was at the leather hard clay stage. I used an agate burnisher for a final polish once it had been fired and it is super shiny, you can really see your face in it!

Thank you to David for his patience as always in photographing every step and for his painstaking precision in making the pictures, pin-sharp and perfect in Photoshop!

My next project is a blanket box for the posh dolls. I haven't made a silver box for a while so I'm really looking forward to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment